An external company is a body corporate formed outside the Republic which, has an established place of business in the country. It is a branch of an existing company usually registered by a local manager on behalf of a company registered outside the jurisdiction of Ghana. The Local Manager must at all times be resident in Ghana.
Procedure for registration
- The Name and Objects have to be the same as the one Incorporated in the country of origin
- Applicant may purchase and complete Forms 20 and 21 or download online
- A copy of the Certificate of Incorporation and where applicable a copy of the Constitution, Charter, Statutes, Regulations, Memorandum and Articles, or any other instrument constituting or defining the constitution of the company.
- All documents must be translated into the English language and notarized.
NB: All these documents must be notarized by a Notary Public or duly endorsed by the Ghana Mission in the country, if any or the nearest country where Ghana Mission exists
- A Power of Attorney appointing the Local Manager must be attached
- A Process Agent may be appointed to receive all correspondence on behave of the company
- Submit the completed Forms at any ORC office or submit application online
- Pay prescribed fee of USD1380 or Cedi equivalent.
- VIP service cost of USD 2000 in addition to the processing fees (optional)
- Registrar Examines, Approves & Issues:
- Certificate of Registration
- Form 20 & 21
- Mandatory Filling of group accounts each year at USD690 or Cedi equivalent